In an effort to stain the reputation of thousands of Latinos living in the United States and justify his anti-immigrant policies, Trump is exploiting the fear that the MS generates.
The Temer administration continues to threaten to favor Brazilian agriculture at the price of one of Brazil’s greatest riche– the environment. Progressive sectors of society worry that the rise of agribusiness hides severe labor and environmental costs.
Tillerson’s visit stirred the already muddied waters of Mexican politics. It did nothing to repair the binational relationship and increased, rather than allayed fears regarding the Trump administration’s policies against Mexican migrants, the border wall, the failed drug war or possible plans to block the center-left in the upcoming elections.
- Signs of Progress in Nafta Talks but Countries Remain Deeply Divided
- Tillerson in Latin America
- Mexico: Cloaked by silence of Christmas, Police unleash spate of at least 5 enforced disappearances in Guerrero
- Mexico Takes to Twitter to Slam Trump on Wall Funding Claims
- ‘We’re Competing Against Everybody Just Like You’: Voices on Manufacturing in Mexico