There’s nothing “uncontrollable” about people applying for asylum. All the U.S. has to do is meet its obligations under international law.
Trump’s tariffs-for-crackdown tradeoff punishes Americans and Mexicans and doesn’t fix the border. It’s hard to imagine a more misdirected plan.
In this Special Report, the Americas Program analyzed existing Safe Third Country Agreements to determine what such an agreement would mean for Mexico, for the United States and for the migrants from Central America who pass through Mexico to seek safety in the United States.
Trump’s Mexico Tariffs Are About White Nationalism, Not Trade
Mexico tariffs might energize Trump voters for 2020, but they won’t reduce immigration
Safe Third Country, Remain in Mexico: US Asylum Policies Violate Rights
The Troubling Relationship Between Bolsonaro and Dictatorships
- AMLO’s letter to Donald Trump: “I am not a coward, I act on principles”
- Trump’s ‘Zero Tolerance’ Bluff on the Border Will Hurt Security, Not Help
- Mexico is siding with President Trump on migrants
- EEUU: ¡Justicia, no impunidad! Agente de la Patrulla Fronteriza enfrentará nuevo juicio por el asesinato de José Antonio
- Trump’s DHS is using an extremely dubious statistic to justify splitting up families at the border
World Summit of Mothers of the Disappeared Interview with Robert Reich: Closing the Border to Mexico is “Insane” Interviews From Mexico: Wendy Figueroa