The bloodshed in Nicaragua today is the brutal repression unleashed by autocratic power in response to a popular uprising. The international community has a responsibility to denounce it.
A free and fair vote was at risk at a critical time for the country. In this context, the network of Scholars and Citizens for Democracy in Mexico was created.Hundreds of people from all over the world answered the call to defend the vote and join the non-partisan observation.
In Mexico the people won. The decision of the vast majority was expressed and respected. If this election signified the empowerment of the people in the electoral process, what comes next?
- Trump’s ‘Zero Tolerance’ Bluff on the Border Will Hurt Security, Not Help
- Mexico is siding with President Trump on migrants
- EEUU: ¡Justicia, no impunidad! Agente de la Patrulla Fronteriza enfrentará nuevo juicio por el asesinato de José Antonio
- Trump’s DHS is using an extremely dubious statistic to justify splitting up families at the border
- Killings in Mexico: Collateral damage or the result of a failed security policy?
From Mexico: Maria Ines Ochoa (la Rumorosa) Interview With Eduardo Huchim
This post is also available in: Spanish
Laura Carlsen on the Globe Post about the Mexican General Election. Read Here.