During these pandemic times, everything seems to indicate that the socio-environmental crisis is getting worse in Latin America, especially in the Amazon.
his phase of resistance began with a shout of protest against a new policy that would levy taxes on basic products and services, raising the cost of living in a country where unemployment, poverty and inequality are at unprecedented levels. It has now become a struggle between extermination and emancipation.
The May 15th and 16th elections in Chile, which encompassed concurrently the vote for the 155 delegates to the Constituent Assembly as well as the vote for municipal officials and regional governors, has exposed the dismal failure of the government and rightwing parties while sanctioning the triumph of the independent candidates.
In El Salvador, homicides and disappearances are not a priority
Vice President Kamala Harris’ visit to Guatemala
Necropolitics in the Amazon threatens Indigenous peoples and ecosystems
Colombia, Between Extermination and Emancipation
- AMLO-Trump, An Ugly Alliance Against People’s Movements
- AMLO’s letter to Donald Trump: “I am not a coward, I act on principles”
- Trump’s ‘Zero Tolerance’ Bluff on the Border Will Hurt Security, Not Help
- Mexico is siding with President Trump on migrants
- EEUU: ¡Justicia, no impunidad! Agente de la Patrulla Fronteriza enfrentará nuevo juicio por el asesinato de José Antonio
Dia de Refugiados. De la serie Voces de la diferencia, de la Corte Suprema Central American Caravan for the Disappeared Seeks to Reunite Families Mexico’s Dilemma: Tariffs or Impose Trump’s Draconian Immigration
We were on France 24’s The Debate discussing the impact of Kamala Harris’ visit to Mexico and Guatemala. You can view the show here.
Check out the podcast here!