Just a few months into the year and the Bolsonaro government is up to it neck in scandals that have stymied its ambitious plans to reshape Brazil’s culture and impose a new conservative ideology based on nationalism, religious fundamentalism and militarism.
An in-depth analysis of the actions of the Organization of American States reveals a disturbing political bias, a willingness to manipulate events and data for political purposes, and a pattern of double standards under the leadership of Secretary General Luis Almagro. In favoring rightwing governments and forces, while attacking or attempting to eliminate the left in power, Almagro has marked a course that has eroded the regional organization’s legitimacy in two critical areas of OAS operations: election observation and human rights monitoring
Can Women’s Grassroots Organizing Stop the Rise in Violence Against Women?
Bolsonaro’s Attempt to Remake Brazilian Culture Bogged Down By Scandals
Mexico’s Women’s March and Strike Confront Rising Violence
How the OAS Revived the Cold War in the Americas
- AMLO’s letter to Donald Trump: “I am not a coward, I act on principles”
- Trump’s ‘Zero Tolerance’ Bluff on the Border Will Hurt Security, Not Help
- Mexico is siding with President Trump on migrants
- EEUU: ¡Justicia, no impunidad! Agente de la Patrulla Fronteriza enfrentará nuevo juicio por el asesinato de José Antonio
- Trump’s DHS is using an extremely dubious statistic to justify splitting up families at the border
Central American Caravan for the Disappeared Seeks to Reunite Families Mexico’s Dilemma: Tariffs or Impose Trump’s Draconian Immigration World Summit of Mothers of the Disappeared
Laura Carlsen joins Dr. Gerald Horne, L.A. educator and activist Jackie Goldberg and host Margaret Prescod to discuss the impeachment trial in the Senate, Trumps Palestine “peace” plan, and the latest caravan of immigrants in southern Mexico. https://soundcloud.com/sojournertruthradio/sets/january-31-2020