A free and fair vote was at risk at a critical time for the country. In this context, the network of Scholars and Citizens for Democracy in Mexico was created.Hundreds of people from all over the world answered the call to defend the vote and join the non-partisan observation.
Free and fair elections are a critical component of a real democracy and citizens have long fought for the right to vote and to have their vote counted. Less recognized is that the right to vote is not just the right to elect representatives. It’s a human right.
The broad victory of the leader of the coalition “Together We’ll Make History ” is historical in many ways but the hardest part is just beginning now for the leader from the state of Tabasco.
In Mexico the people won. The decision of the vast majority was expressed and respected. If this election signified the empowerment of the people in the electoral process, what comes next?
- Trump’s ‘Zero Tolerance’ Bluff on the Border Will Hurt Security, Not Help
- Mexico is siding with President Trump on migrants
- EEUU: ¡Justicia, no impunidad! Agente de la Patrulla Fronteriza enfrentará nuevo juicio por el asesinato de José Antonio
- Trump’s DHS is using an extremely dubious statistic to justify splitting up families at the border
- Killings in Mexico: Collateral damage or the result of a failed security policy?
From Mexico: Maria Ines Ochoa (la Rumorosa) Interview With Eduardo Huchim
This post is also available in: Spanish
Laura Carlsen on the Globe Post about the Mexican General Election. Read Here.